GEL-LAY is part of the new PORO-LAY series which also includes LAY-FOMM 40 and LAY-FOMM 60. The PORO-LAY series is made by taking two different materials such as an Elastomer (rubber-like substance) and then blending that substance with a soluble component such as PVA. So after rinsing your print in water the PVA component dissolves and the print is then flexible and porous.
FAST FACTS ABOUT GEL-LAY
- After printing rinse with water to create an object that is micro-porous & elastic
- Optimal for printing soft rubber objects
- Print between 225°-235°C
- Filament comes in a .25kg package
- Heated bed is not necessary for printing
NUGGETS OF INFO ABOUT THE PORO-LAY SERIES
- POROLAY filaments are dedicated for experimental use. This is bleeding edge filament so start with an open mind!
- All filaments after printing are stiff and unbreakable and printable with standard home-printers (repraps)
- All objects are hot-sealable after drying
- Micro-porous means micrometer-dimensions! Pores are not visible to naked eyes.
- All POROLAY-objects can be filled not only with water, try to use emulsions of oil, glycerine, inks, salty solutions, or ionic liquids to make it conductive!
- you may print without heated bed
- the objects have near zero warp (deformation while printing)
- Design rules: print less walls/shells and less filling % to shorten rinsing ti